Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Day 103: Next Stop, New Orleans! (10/23/2010)

I slept okay last night. I had another earthquake dream. I think it’s funny that I keep dreaming about earthquakes when I sleep on these shaking trains. I’m a real California girl! I woke up at 10am EST and watched the scenery go by for an hour. Then I changed the time back to 10am CST. It’s nice to do something for an entire hour and not have any time go by!

I spent the morning watching two Voyagers. At noon, we went to lunch in the dining car. It took forever for our food to arrive. Apparently one of the waiters was called off duty, so a single man had to wait on us all.

Back in the room, Davin and I lamented how hot it was. Everyone else's rooms were too cold! In our room it was like a sweltering California day. We were stripping down just to get comfortable.

I worked on catching up our blog for awhile, and then watched two more Voyagers. Finally, I ended up taking a nap.

Dinner was early because our train was arriving in New Orleans at the usual dinner time. We ate around 4:30pm. Then we switched rooms so the sleeping car attendant could make up our room for new customers. I worked on making a ‘Trip Highlights’ folder on my laptop. It consists of all my favorite pictures from the entire trip.

Eventually it was time to pack up. The train arrived in New Orleans at 8:05pm. It was a quaint little train station compared to New York or Washington D.C.

It was a 15 minute walk to our hotel. When we arrived we called mom to let her know we made it safe and sound. Then I took a relaxing bath, and did some more work catching up on the blog updates. I went to bed around 12:30am.

No comments:

Post a Comment